Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Upper wing attached. This wing fought me a little bit (unlike my first DVII build) but after walking away a couple of times I finally got it into place. Still have to finish the tail. Pilot is covered in saran wrap in preparation of spraying the plane with a clearcote before final weathering and rigging.
Sunday, September 14, 2014
All of the online research I've done and the pictures that I've found show the quotation marks on the "U10" only appeared on the port side and the upper wing and not the U10 on the starboard side. After much hemming and hawing I removed the quotation marks from the starboard side decal...I hope I am not proven wrong!!!
Monday, September 1, 2014
Being a high school teacher my time at the workbench is rapidly decreasing but I am plugging away. Started laying the "U10" decals. I weathered the fuselage with oils paints first...trying to keep it subtle. After the decals are fully dry, I will overspray them with a satin clear cote and weather a bit more. The plastic jig is from Vertigo. It arrived missing the piece that holds the tail...I've sent two emails and haven't had a response yet.