Monday, October 15, 2012

I had this piece on display at the Chicago Show.  A very creative idea comissioned by Dutch Allen.  I think the Churchill quote on the base really sums it up.  A lot of fun painting the bust to look like an old black and white photograph.  Difficult to see in the picture, the red cobblestones fade to gray as they become the rubble underneath the bust.  Painted with oils.  Thanks to Jason Green for the photograph.

The show was a good time and kudos to the MMSI for all of their work.  I took my son Kyle to the show with me and he enjoyed looking at all of the outstanding work on the tables.  Doug Cohen's seminar was very informative and it was great to be "talking shop" with friends old and new.  Had an excellent dinner of deep dish pizza with John Long and his wonderful family.  Missed a few of the regulars and hope to catch up with them in Atalnta in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment